ComRes is hiring for a Qualitative Research Team Manager. This is one of four roles that we are currently advertising.
The Role & Opportunity
ComRes is seeking an exceptional individual to lead its Qualitative Research Team. The qualitative team has responsibility for all of ComRes’s depth interviewing, focus groups and other qualitative research. The Team Manager is tasked with overseeing and driving the Team’s output and with managing the other team members, including ensuring that research is conducted and delivered to the very highest standards. ComRes also has a keen eye on how to innovate in the sector and qualitative research is central to this strategy.
The Research Team Manager will report to Katharine Peacock, Director of Research, and will be a member of the company’s wider management team. They will be involved in work across all the elements of the company from developing business with clients (in conjunction with the Client Services team), supplying quotes, negotiating with suppliers, designing research, preparing proposals and pitches, running and conducting fieldwork, overseeing the writing up and analysis of results, and presenting the results to clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills, ambition, innovation, excellent research experience and knowledge, and keen customer care skills to take on a management role and develop their career within a fast growing company.
The Qualitative Research Team brings to clients a reputation for flexibility, high-quality intelligent research, as well as actionable analysis and recommendations. The Team has responsibility for conducting all qualitative research projects, including depth interviews among a wide variety of stakeholder audiences (business leaders, legislative audiences, media & commentators, both in the UK and beyond), as well as focus groups. The Team is also heavily involved in mixed-methodology projects and team members – especially the Team Manager – are expected to be fully conversant in quantitative research methodologies.
ComRes is a leading market research agency founded to fill a gap in the market for communications research conducted by communications experts. We offer a unique range of omnibus panel research tools and the full range of bespoke quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
Based at Four Millbank in Westminster, you would be working in a hard-working, sociable and friendly office which prides itself on producing research of the highest standard and offering practical recommendations and insight to its clients, often delivered within tight deadlines.
Required Skills & Profile
We are looking for someone prepared to make a long-term commitment to this role, who will be able to contribute actively as a member of the management team from day one. People and project management, client relationship, practical analytical and problem-solving skills are vital to the role.
Required Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 4 years working in qualitative research, with experience of client relationship management, business development and project management.
• A good understanding of quantitative research skills
• Ability to manage budgets and to meet financial targets
• An in-depth understanding of and interest in communications and policy research
• The ability to conduct and analyse research data into a practical context for clients
• Operational experience of managing research projects from design through to reporting
• Exceptional attention to detail and quality control
• Strong problem-solving skills and a positive, can-do attitude
• Excellent organisational skills
• An innovative attitude to research and projects
• Strong people skills with a confident professional manner in person and on the telephone
• An ability to communicate clearly and analytically in writing and presentation skills
• A team player with leadership and experience of managing people successfully
Terms & Conditions
• Salary range of between £30,000 and £40,000 pa depending on experience
• 25 days holiday plus Christmas break
To indicate your interest in this role please submit a CV together with a covering letter outlining your match against the role requirements and experience to:
Ruth Taylor, Office Manager
Deadline: 31 July 2012