ComRes is hiring for a Research Manager.
The Role & Opportunity
ComRes is seeking an exceptional individual to lead on large scale mixed-methodology research projects, to drive innovation in ComRes’s research offering, to bring experience, expertise and creativity to clients, the role and the research team. The Research Manager will be responsible for overseeing the work of Research Analysts and ensuring that research is conducted and delivered to the very highest standards.
The Research Manager will report to Katharine Peacock, Director of Research, and will be a member of the company’s wider management team. They will be involved in work across all the elements of the company from developing business with clients (in conjunction with the Client Services team), supplying quotes, negotiating with suppliers, designing research, preparing proposals and pitches, running and conducting fieldwork, overseeing the writing up and analysis of results, and presenting the results to clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills, ambition, innovation, excellent research experience and knowledge, and keen customer care skills to develop their career within a fast growing company.
The Research Team is divided into Quantitative and Qualitative Teams, each are run and managed by Research Team Managers, and overseen by the Director of Research. The team brings to clients a reputation for flexibility, high-quality intelligent research, as well as actionable analysis and recommendations.
The Team Manager will be expected to be fully conversant in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, and will be responsible for working with clients to provide research solutions, designing the research, conducting aspects of the research with the support of the Team and suppliers (both qualitative and quantitative methodologies), analysis and presentation of findings.
ComRes is a leading market research agency specialising in reputation, public policy and communications research. We offer a unique range of omnibus panel research tools and the full range of bespoke quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
Based at Four Millbank in Westminster, you would be working in a hard-working, sociable and friendly office which prides itself on producing research of the highest standard and offering practical recommendations and insight to its clients, often delivered within tight deadlines.
Required Skills & Profile
We are looking for someone prepared to make a long-term commitment to this role, who will be able to contribute actively as a member of the management team from day one. People and project management, client relationship, practical analytical and problem-solving skills are vital to the role.
Required Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 4 years working in research, with experience of both qualitative and quantitative techniques, client relationship management, business development and project management
• Ability to manage budgets and to meet financial targets
• An in-depth understanding of and interest in communications and policy research
• The ability to conduct and analyse research data into a practical context for clients
• Operational experience of managing research projects from design through to reporting
• Exceptional attention to detail and quality control
• Strong problem-solving skills and a positive, can-do attitude
• Excellent organisational skills
• An innovative attitude to research and projects
• Strong people skills with a confident professional manner in person and on the telephone
• An ability to communicate clearly and analytically in writing and presentation skills
• A team player with leadership skills
• Experience of running large-scale tracking projects is desirable
Terms & Conditions
• Salary range of between £30,000 and £40,000 pa depending on experience
• 25 days holiday plus Christmas break
To indicate your interest in this role please submit a CV together with a covering letter outlining your match against the role requirements and experience to:
Ruth Taylor, Office Manager
Deadline: 12th October 2012