ComRes is recruiting for two Graduate Research Analysts. These are two of the four roles currently being advertised by ComRes.
The Role & Opportunity
ComRes is seeking two exceptional graduates to join its Research Team. The posts will commence in September or earlier at Graduate Research Analyst level supporting Senior Analysts and Research Team Managers in working on a range of quantitative and qualitative research projects, and delivering research to the very highest standards.
The Graduate Analysts will report to Katharine Peacock, Director of Research. Along with internal and external training on research techniques, Graduate Analysts will work on specific projects and with both the Quantitative and Qualitative Teams in allotted time blocks, to ensure that they get a solid grounding in all aspects of research and business development.
This is an excellent opportunity for an exceptionally self-motivated individual, with a strong academic record, impressive communication skills, an exceptional analytical mind, and the ambition to pursue a career in communications and policy research.
The Research Team is divided into Quantitative and Qualitative Teams, each are run and managed by Research Team Managers, and overseen by the Director of Research. The team brings to clients a reputation for flexibility, high-quality intelligent research, as well as actionable analysis and recommendations.
The Graduate Analysts will be exposed to online, telephone and face-to-face public polling, stakeholder depth interviews, focus groups, as well as ComRes’s panels of MPs, MEPs and other legislators.
ComRes is one of the best-known market research agencies specialising in reputation, public policy and communications research. We offer a unique range of omnibus panel research tools and the full range of bespoke quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
Based at Four Millbank in Westminster, you would be working in a hard-working, sociable and friendly office which prides itself on producing research of the highest standard and offering practical recommendations and insight to its clients, often delivered within tight deadlines.
Required Skills & Profile
• Strong academic record (minimum 2:1, preferably in a relevant degree)
• High level mathematical/statistical skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and analytically in writing and presentation skills
• Strong people skills with a confident professional manner in person and on the telephone
• A demonstrable interest in policy and a knowledge and understanding of current affairs
• Exceptional attention to detail and impressive organisational skills
• A team player with evidence of the ability to work well under pressure, and a can-do attitude
• A motivated and ambitious individual, with a strong desire to learn and to take on responsibility
• Experience of Microsoft Office programmes (Excel /Powerpoint/Word), and SPSS
Terms and Conditions
• Salary range of between £20,000 and £23,000 pa depending on experience
• 22 days holiday plus Christmas break
To indicate your interest in this role, please submit a CV together with a covering letter outlining your match against the role requirements and experience by the 31st July to:
Ruth Taylor, Office Manager
Deadline: 31 July 2012